We had a rousing end to a successful first iOS Dev Scout 24-hour Hackathon! And we wanna thank each and every one of you who have participated and contributed in any way! Below are resources and points that we think anyone can benefit from.
Check out the live stream of all the major events during the Hackathon along with detailed photography.
And pictures from Demo day:
iOS Dev Scout welcome keynote and tutorial by Michael:
Final Demo Live Stream video:
Resources used during the Hackathon
Some resources used by the participants during the hackathon include the following:
- Mugunth’s iOS5 Book from Amazon
- Cloudy Rec for scalable backend stack in the cloud
- Nav’s Free iPhone Wireframing Kit
- Nav’s UX Slide
- Michael’s Tutorial slides
- Nav – Hey Hey
- Gaurav & Abhineet – iBoss (Location based app to remove camera,youtube,safari)
- Matt & Audrey – Brainstorming app
- Kalyan – Find which MRT exit goes where.
- Lucas and Ryan – Educational iPad app for Kids
- Elisha and Daniel – “Thumbatar”.. Social thumbing?
- TzeMin – Social recommendation for handyman
- J.J. – Multi Destination Routing for finding best path by points
- Gabriel and Venus – Location based chat application
- Mustafa and Kiran – KnowUrStore
- Sourabh – Milaap Crowd sourced Microfinance app
- Amit and Vinay - Speak Something for Pronunciation
- Kiran – Geo fence notification for missing bus stop
- Kev – Activity facilitation for better quality-time in relationships
- Sithu – Easy follow up for people you meet with name cards
- Stephan – Casual forray into iOS.
- NUS Students - Alan’s Shadow – Puzzle game to guide Alan meet his Shadow
Teams and Ideas at the Final Demo
Say hello to all the wonderful 13 teams we had for the Final Demo!
- FoloUp by Sithu, Calvin and Nai
- Kid’s Programming
- Multi-Destination Routing
- Yabber by Venus and Gabriel
- Allan’s Shadow by Students from NUS
- Twitter Demo by Yan (Our youngest Hacker)
- Thumbatar by Daniel, Elisha, Akira
- Milaap by Ashish and Sourabh
- MRT Exit by Ashish
- Store Explorer
- Learnemy by Subh
Notable Teams winning Amazon Gift Cards
8 Teams won the Amazon Gift Cards as being notables…
- Team 7 Twitter demo: The Wonder Kid who picked up iOS in 1 day and did a Twitter client app
- Team 1 FoloUp: Creative use of 3rd party API – CloudyRec
- Team 4 Yabber: – First ever mid-hackathon pivot!
- Team 5 Allan’s Shadow: Stealthiest app idea at the Hackathon (Rewarded with 2 gift cards for being a larger team)
- Team 8 Thumbatar: For the most beautiful app at the Hackathon
- Team 3 MultiDestination Routing: Creative use of 3rd party API for travel routing
- Team 10 Milaap and Team 11 MRT Exit: Superman coder for helping out in 2 ideas!
Mentors, Tutors and Coaches
Thank you all mentors for coming down for the Final Demo and giving us valuable feedback! Thanks you coaches for being patient and enthusiastically helping all with questions on coding iOS!
- Nav from Bubble Motion
- KF Lai from Buzz City
- Mohit and Saurav from Quantum Inventions
- Jeffrey Paine from Battle Ventures and Founder Institute
- Prakash from Bubble Motion
A huge applause for your supporting sponsors!! They were not only hands-on with the entire 24 hour hackathon, but also gave us valuable feedback!
We are thrilled with so much enthusiasm we got from the community! Please leave a comment below if we have left out any details and we will be happy to edit it!
We will continue with our monthly meetups with many more sessions of tips and tricks on iOS. Do join us for the next iOS Meetup! Join our Facebook group to find more about our activities.